Monday 2:30 pm-5:00 pm
Tuesday & Thursday 10:00 am-6:30 pm
Wednesday 2:30 pm to 6:30 pm
Friday & Saturday, 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
Josiah Carpenter Library observes the following holidays:
|New Years Day
Civil Rights Day
When a Holiday falls on a Monday, the Library will be closed on the previous Saturday, as well as the Monday Holiday.
When a Holiday falls on a Friday, Library will be closed on the following Saturday, as well as the Friday Holiday.
Thanksgiving Holiday closings begin at 5:00 pm on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and include the Thursday Holiday and the Friday and Saturday following the Holiday. Normal business hours will resume on the Monday following Thanksgiving.
Christmas Holiday closings shall include the full days of December 24, 25 and 26. If the 26th falls on a Friday, the Library will be closed Saturday as well.
When New Year’s Eve falls on a weekday, Monday through Thursday, the Library will close at 5:00 P.M. on December 31st. If New Year’s Eve falls on a Friday or Saturday, the library will observe regular hours of 10:00 am to 1:00 pm.
The Library Director will authorize closings on days of snow or other excessive weather conditions. Closings will be announced on WMUR news station with their closing announcements, the Town website, and Channel 24.
We are located at 41 Main Street in Pittsfield, NH. Our building is located in the center of town almost diagonally across from Dustin Park.
Directions From Alton Traffic Circle:
- Depart SR-11 / SR-28A / Main St toward SR-11 West / SR-28 South (0.1 mi)
- Keep straight onto SR-11 West / SR-28 South (0.1 mi)
- Turn right onto SR-28 / Suncook Valley Rd (12.6 mi)
- Turn left onto SR-107 / Barnstead Rd (0.8 mi)
- Keep straight onto Carroll St (0.2 mi)
- Turn right onto Main St (0.1 mi)
- Arrive at 41 Main St, Pittsfield, NH 03263-3703 on the left. The last intersection is Park Terrace. If you reach Elm St, you’ve gone too far.
Directions From Epsom Traffic Circle:
- At roundabout, take 1st exit onto SR-28 North / Suncook Valley Hwy North (6.3 mi)
- Turn right onto Leavitt Rd (0.1 mi)
- Keep straight onto Lyford Hill Rd (0.1 mi)
- Road name changes to Water St (0.1 mi)
- Turn left onto Main St (0.2 mi)
- Arrive at 41 Main St, Pittsfield, NH 03263-3703 on the right. The last intersection is Elm St. If you reach Park Terrace, you’ve gone too far