• Preschool story hour November 5, 12, 19 Thursdays 10:00 am – 11:00 am. November themes are trucks, owls and turkeys. Join Mrs. Grainger for a fun filled hour of stories, crafts and a snack. Ages 2 – 5 • November 18th Outreach program to Blueberry Express 10:00-11:00
• Wednesdays afterschool Holiday craft programs Wednesdays, November 18 (bird feeders) & 25 (Thanksgiving books) Sign up required. Ages kindergarten through 5th grade A special thank you to “Hey Eddie’s” thrift shop in Pittsfield for the donation of pinecones!!
• Library Board of Trustees Meeting Tuesday, November 17th, 2015 7 pm
• Pittsfield Writer’s Circle Thursday, November 19th at 7 pm at the library
• Fine Forgiveness Week November 23-28 Return your overdue materials with food items to donate to the food pantry and ALL fines on those returned items will be forgiven.
• Closing at 5pm on November 25 and closed November 26 & 27th in observance of the Thanksgiving Holiday
Join us on Wednesday, November 4 at 6:30 at he library for a presentation/workshop offered by Bear Paw Regional Greenways of Deerfield, N.H. The Bear Paw Regional Greenways in a non-profit organization that helps landowners make the protection and conservation of their land work for them. Phil Auger, a UNH Cooperative Extension educator and Land Protection specialist will be directing the informative presentation.
The Friends of the Library have launched their annual Holiday fund raiser.
The order forms for the poinsettias are now available at the library or online.
Poinsettia Order Form.
The Poinsettias will be ready for pick up at the library the first week in December.
Please help support the Friends and buy your Holiday poinsettias from us!
The Friends of the Josiah Carpenter library help support library acquisitions, programs and supplies throughout the year.
October 2015 October 18-24th is Teen Read Week SO- 2015-16 is Teen Read Year!
- Josiah Teen Book Worms Discussing “The Princess Bride” by William Goldman on Thursday October 1st between 7-8:30 pm at the library
- Closed on Monday October 12 in observance of Columbus Day
- Preschool story hour October 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 Thursdays 10:00 am – 11:00 am. Autumn themes are apples, leaves, farm trucks, owls and pumpkins. Join Mrs. Grainger for a fun filled hour of stories, crafts and a snack. Ages 2 – 5
- October 13th Outreach program to Blueberry Express 10:00-11:00
- Wednesdays afterschool Lego club begins Wednesdays, October 7, 14, & 21. Sign up required. Ages kindergarten through 5th grade
- Library Board of Trustees Meeting Tuesday, October 20 , 2015 7 pm
- Thursday, October 22nd at 1:00 pm join the library at the Pittsfield Community Center for the Pittsfield Historical Society presentation of the “2016 Historical Calendar” with Larry Berkson and William Provencal. The Historical society members will give a brief talk on the history of the calendar and the highlights of the 2016 edition. Calendars available for sale $10.00
- Read Meet & Talk Tuesday October 27th – Join us for an exciting discussion of “Dinner at the Homesick Restaurant” by Anne Tyler at the Pittsfield Senior Center @ 10:30- Noon. Stay for a leisurely lunch served by the Community Action Program!
- Pittsfield Writer’s Circle Thursday, October 22 at 7 pm at the library
- Spooky Scary Story Night, Thursday October 29th– Come in costume and partake of the scary and spooky at the library 7- 8:30 pm.